Corporate & Commercial
The attorneys at Babst Calland employ both their intellectual property law expertise and their significant business experience, to assist clients with the protection, monetization and enforcement of their IP assets in a way that makes sense for their clients’ bottom line.
Through consultation, identification, prosecution, licensing, and enforcement of their patent, copyright, and trademark rights, we help to protect clients’ valuable intellectual property.
Our experienced attorneys represent a variety of businesses in specific areas of IP law including:
- Software licensing, including white label and private label agreements
- Intellectual property due diligence and valuation in acquisitions and asset sales
- Patent and trademark clearance, prosecution, licensing, and enforcement
- Advice and negotiation in relation to Joint Development, Non-Disclosure, Manufacturing, and other IP-heavy agreements
- IP aspects of employment and independent contractor agreements
- Freedom to operate analyses, infringement studies, portfolio analyses, and white space evaluations
Our IP team has extensive experience successfully prosecuting patents in the fields of robotics, AI, IoT, UAS/UAV technologies in the medical, transportation, logistics, energy, sports equipment, and construction materials industries, among others.
We strive to be true partners to our clients’ business units to provide strategic and practical advice that straddles both the legal and business worlds when it comes to landscape analysis, protection, licensing or enforcement of IP. Moreover, we feel that what really sets us apart is the playbook we develop for each client that includes periodic face-to-face discussions with relevant engineering team members.
Our approach to managing and prosecuting international portfolios includes the use of patent prosecution highways where possible. This not only reduces overall prosecution cost, but helps to keep IP coverage relatively consistent across jurisdictions, reducing licensing and enforcement investigation costs as well. Over the years, we have also curated a group of foreign IP firms to help with local matters in foreign jurisdictions.
“Through consultation, identification, prosecution, licensing, and enforcement of their patent, copyright, and trademark rights, we help to protect clients’ valuable intellectual property.”
–?Carl A. Ronald