Pipelines 101 – Basic Principles of Onshore Pipelines
February 16 @ 7:45 am - 12:15 pm EST
On Thursday, February 16, 2021, Pipeline Attorney Keith Coyle will be an instructor for EUCI’s “Pipelines 101 – Basic Principles of Onshore Pipelines.” This course will concentrate on natural gas and petroleum pipelines, cover the history of pipelines, review pertinent definitions and terminology, and explain how pipelines are designed and how they operate. This course is intended primarily for those individuals that may have a limited knowledge or experience with pipelines.
Key Takeaways include:
- Major differences in the types of pipelines
- Vernacular related to pipeline terms of design, construction and operation
- How pipelines work
- Route selection process
- Right of way acquisition process
- Types of pipeline equipment and facilities
- Requirements for proper maintenance activities
- Safety practices that need to be put in place Describe SCADA
- Familiarity with the major codes and standards as well as pipeline regulatory agencies
For more information, click here.